Construction News has reported that small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) from across Britain are winning work from the Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA).
As we previously highlighted, the ODA uses the “CompeteFor” electronic system to match companies with the projects and services that the ODA requires.
The official London 2012 website reports:
- 860 contractors have won contracts supplying the ODA with work worth over £3.5 billion in total.
- Over two thirds (69%) are SMEs.
- Just under half (46%) are based outside London.
- More than one in ten (13%) is based in the Olympic Park Host Boroughs.
- 98% are based in the UK.
- Over 54,000 (54,477) companies have registered on CompeteFor (94% are SMEs).
- 37,670 of companies registered on CompeteFor are based outside London.
- Over 1,700 opportunities have been advertised on CompeteFor to date.