It’s that time of year again when we start looking forward and wondering what the next 12 months will hold. From all of the items that I wished for last year, one was to see West Ham secure the lease on the Olympic stadium. I was particularly pleased to see that one come to fruition. As well as a future new home, the boys also managed to stay in the Premier League – it remains to be seen whether that will be the case this time next year!
As with other lists I have done, the following are in no particular order:
- A reduction in construction industry insolvency in the UK and Ireland.
- Adjudication to continue to be the preferred formal dispute resolution forum of choice for the UK’s construction industry.
- The successful implementation of adjudication as a cost and time effective dispute resolution process in Ireland.
- A resurgence in the use of arbitration as a genuine alternative to litigation for construction industry disputes in the UK.
- An increased awareness by experts of their duties and obligations.
- An increase in the use of dispute boards on live projects and framework agreements in the UK.
- Increased efficiency across the UK rail networks.
- The use of London 2012 facilities by members of the public and/or affiliated sports clubs.
- The introduction of an effective cycling infrastructure in London and a corresponding reduction in fatalities.
- West Ham to stay in the top flight for another year.
Happy new year.