It’s that time of year again when we start looking forward and wondering what the next 12 months will hold. From all of the items that I wished for last year, one was to see West Ham promoted to the top flight. I was particularly pleased to see that one come to fruition, with the boys doing well under Big Sam.
As ever, here is my 2013 wish list. As with other lists I have done, the following are in no particular order:
- Adjudication to continue to be the preferred formal dispute resolution forum of choice for the UK’s construction industry.
- Construction industry growth in the UK.
- Economic recovery in Ireland.
- Growth of the use of adjudication internationally but, in particular, in Ireland and the Middle East.
- The re-use of the sporting facilities from the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, in particular the athletics stadium, aquatics centre and velodrome.
- The continued regeneration of the area surrounding the Olympics athletics stadium, in particular the conversion of the athletes village to residential accommodation.
- Guidance from the TCC on the new(ish) statutory payment provisions.
- Collaboration between bodies providing training for adjudicators and arbitrators.
- Reform of gun laws in the US.
- West Ham to secure the long lease for the Olympics stadium.
Happy new year.